Beyond These Walls does whatever it takes to support LGBT prisoners nationwide.
The prisoners in our network have asked for the following things:
- Human connection
- Financial resources
- Case management
- Re-entry assistance
- Knowledge about LGBT issues
- Tools to educate, advocate, and organize
Based on those requests, we’ve built the following programs:
- Penpal Connections
- Fundraising for legal fees and commissary purchases
- Books-to-prisoners partnerships
- State-specific advocacy
- Storytelling and other public opportunities for culture change
- Mentorships for organizers
We are based in Portland, OR, but serve prisoners in 43 states and have volunteers spread across the US, Canada, and the UK.